You have just been promoted to the Lead Marketing Director position within an advertising company. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is currently investigating one of your advertising campaigns for “Mike’s Meatless Burger” which has been accused of using deceptive marketing practices due to the unsubstantiated claim of being “the tastiest meatless burger in the world.” In addition, the independent taste testers used to validate this claim have been found to consist largely of paid company employees.
Your task is to: 1) replace this slogan with something that can be more easily substantiated, 2) develop a new IMC that focuses primarily on younger consumers in an online environment, and 3) establish evaluation metrics that can be used both to validate and demonstrate the effectiveness of your advertising campaign.
Write a 1,300-page paper in which you include the following:
- Summarize the issues presented in the scenario.
- Determine whether the claim should be considered deception or puffery, and provide justification for your answer.
- Determine whether or not the advertising practices should be considered unethical, and provide justification for your answer.
- Develop a new slogan for the advertising campaign, and explain why you think this new slogan will be more effective and easier to substantiate.
- Select three or more digital marketing or social media tools around which to build your new advertising campaign, and explain why you believe these tools will provide you with a competitive advantage for your particular market.
- Determine metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of each tool in reaching its intended target market, with a focus on the value each tool provides to both the consumer and the business.
- Discuss two marketing communications, regulations, and standards with which the company must comply in order to use the digital communications you have presented.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.