You are an IT Director hired by a newly established business called “Best Care within Your Fingertips”. The company’s business plan is to provide telemedicine driven solution for improving accessibility of care to patients in rural areas. Your company’s headquarters and data center are located in a large metropolitan area and you have all the resources necessary to succeed with a server, network, and application infrastructure. However, your customer base will be located in the rural areas of the state. The idea is to potentially expand out of state by extending and expanding existing business model and infrastructure to more patients and greater geographical coverage.
You are an IT Director of a large healthcare system and your employer made a decision to build a new hospital within 15 miles of your current location. Your main data center will remain in the same location, and all your clinical applications will be made available to the new hospital. However, you need to plan a network infrastructure to extend access to all clinical applications at the new location.
- Identify all critical elements and technologies necessary to achieve stated goals of your project.
- Describe the resources you will require to achieve your project goals.
- Architect, at a high level, your proposed solution and draw a diagram in a software application of your choice, typically Power Point or Visio .
- List and describe clinical applications that will run on your proposed infrastructure.
- Identify benefits and risks to business operations and patient care environment, resulting from your proposed solution.
- Briefly describe to senior management why your solution is a good fit and how you will address the risks identified above.
When working on the technical questions, do wear your technology analyst and network engineer heads – not business leader heads. What this means is that we require deep technical analysis in your papers, as part of this technical course. In fact, many business level executives in technology companies have strong technical backgrounds, and rose through the ranks via engineering, software development, and other technical channels. So, they possess comprehensive understanding of technical matters in their decision-making processes