Write an argumentative research paper on a managed care-related topic, assumption or myth; thoroughly explaining what it is, why it’s important, and how it fundamentally impacts the managed care system today. You are to form reasons, draw conclusions and apply them to your findings. The purpose is not to completely prove your point, but to convince readers, with your evidence, that your argument or position has merit.
Choose a current issue, technology, or other concept dealing with managed care. Below are approved main topics that you can select from.
- Influence of pay-for-performance programs
- Necessity of disease management programs
- Influence of electronic prescribing on quality healthcare services
- Disease prevention with aging population
- Accreditation and performance measurement
- Use of personal and electronic health records
- Obesity and utilization of managed care
- Obesity and food sources
- Technology and transmission of health information
- Technology and privacy of health information
- Universal healthcare and healthcare costs
- Social media and health education
- Assignment details and technical requirements, presenting “a managed care-related topic, thoroughly explaining what it is, why it’s important, and how it fundamentally impacts the managed care system today.”
- Presents an argumentative paper with reasoning and evidence of debatable issue.
- Strong thesis statement
- Attention-getting introduction
- Topic sentences relate back to thesis statement.
- Logical transitions between paragraphs and ideas
- Concluding paragraph sums up information and reiterates thesis.
Paper with a body of 6-8 pages. In general, your paper should consist of the following pages: Five or six sources for the paper from your research.