The practice of project management has been with us for a long time. This discipline and its evolution as a profession are detailed throughout this course. Today, project management has reached a maturity that entitles it to a rightful place in the practice and the literature of the Management and Business Administration program. However, the ability of the project management profession to remain viable in an ever-changing world is dependent upon the members of the profession to recognize change, and to adjust to that change for the good of the organization.
Write a focus paper discussing the importance of aligning projects with the organization’s strategic goals. In your discussion, consider the advantages of having the leadership team support the project. Please be mindful that executives are interested in initiatives that promote the vision and mission of the organization.
Remember, a focus paper is an argumentative essay that attempts to persuade the reader of the truth or plausibility of a specific claim or position. A focus paper is NOT a summary, commentary, journal entry, personal reflection, analysis, compare and contrast essay, or an expository essay. The objective is NOT to convey information, show how much you know, or analyze a text. Rather, the primary goal is to persuade the reader that an important, interesting, and debatable thesis is true or plausible, and that the alternative position is untenable.
Criteria for the Assignment
• Select any project (your choice, a project you know about or one that you would like to join).
• Map organizational objectives, goals, and strategies to the project outcomes.
• Discuss (at the level of practical application) if the project organization reflects organizational strategies.
• Discuss (at the level of practical application) if there has been a proper selection of project sponsor and project manager, and the advantages of their support for the project.
• Demonstrate the adequacy of project policies, procedures, and techniques.
• Discuss (at the level of practical application) the uses of scope, risk, time, cost, and quality with associated planning and performance standards.
• Discuss (at the level of practical application) how to communicate the project to the organization and stakeholders.
The post Write a focus paper discussing the importance of aligning projects with the organization’s strategic goals.Consider the advantages of having the leadership team support the project. appeared first on Essay Quoll.