Write a 800- to 1,050-word analysis on Asian-Americans. On many indicators of success, such as income and education, Asian-Americans, will a distinct minority, surpass Whites in America. Why is this?
Include the following:
- Cultural value of Asians toward education
- History of discrimination in the U.S.
- Similarities and differences between Asian values and the dominant American values
- Extended family behaviors
- Cultural values toward authority, both personal and institutional
- Respect of adults
Make sure to use the readings in your answer-it is a requirement.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
Please submit a Plagiarism Report as well. You may want to consult the UoP Library page (go to the Center for Writing Excellence) to do so. Here’a how one student described obtaining the Plagiarism Report:
Week 5: SOC/262: Contemporary American Society: R5
Asians and the Changing Nature of Diversity in America
- Aja, A., Bustillo, D., Darity Jr., W., & Hamilton, D. (2014). From a tangle of pathology to a race-fair America.Dissent, 61(3), 39-43.
- Bobo, L. D. (2011). Somewhere between Jim Crow & post-racialism: Reflections on the racial divide in America today. Daedalus, 140(2), 11-36.
- Georgescu, M. (2010). Psychoanalytic aspectsof ethnic identity. Contemporary Readings in Law and Social Justice, 2(2), 313-318.
- Hartlep, N. D. (2014). Asian (American) model minorities. Studies on Asia, 4(1), 1-6.
- Lee, J., & Bean, F. D. (2012). A postracial society or a diversity paradox? Du Bois Review, 9(2), 419-437.
- Treas, J., & Carreon, D. (2010). Diversity and our common future: Race, ethnicity, and the older American.Generations, 34(3), 38-44.
- The End of Diversity As We Know It : Why Diversity Efforts Fail and How Leveraging Difference Can Succeed