THIS PAPER HAS BEEN DONE AT ESSAYLINK.NET; CONTACT US FOR A SOLUTION
1. Classify the following services by their degree of customer contact . Also, determine how much uncertainty the customer introduces into the
service delivery system by the ability to make customized service demands .
a. Check clearing in a bank
b. Bank teller
c. Bank loan officer
2. Locate each of the following services on the service delivery system matrix:
a. Vending machine
b. Housecleaning service
c. Appliance repair
3. How do the managerial tasks differ among the services described in question 2?
4. Describe the service-product bundle for each of the
c. Trucking firm
5. Critique the customer contact model. What are its strengths and weaknesses?
6. Identify the front office and back office services for the following organizations. Could these services be improved by increasing or decreasing the degree of
customer contact? By separating low- and high-contact services?
b. Trucking firm
c. Grocery store
d. Appliance repair firm
7. Define a possible service guarantee for each of the
a. College classes
b. A theater performance
c. Buying a used car
8. Give an example of the service-profit chain for movie
theaters. Define each of the components in the chain
and explain how you would measure each.
9. Why is the service-profit chain important to operations
10. Find some service guarantees in everyday life and bring
them to class for discussion.
11. What attributes are required of a service guarantee to
make it effective?
12. What are the pros and cons of having a service
13. How can we use the service delivery system matrix to
improve service operations?
14. What does it mean for a service firm to outsource some
of its services?
15. What key factors are most firms seeking when they
GET ALL YOUR ACADEMIC HELP AT ESSAYLINK.NET