Current Financial Issue Project (100 points):
The purpose of this assignment is to provide students with an in-depth consulting experience on a sports financial topic.
Each student will select a current financial issue in the sport industry and analyze the financial status of sport organizations and provide solutions to resolve those financial issues.
Students may select financial issues discussed in the textbook, ESPN’s sport business blog
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars , a fairly current issue of the Sports Business Journal http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal.aspx or Athletic Business http://athleticbusiness.com/ , etc. (Prior approval is needed).
Once a topic is determined, you must research the topic and gain additional information on it or the general issue.
1) Project proposal (30 points): Due: 2/ 7 (Sun), 5:00pm
You should submit
2-3 page(s) (double spaced, 1 inch margin, WORD file format) the project plan for your final paper. In the project proposal, you should include the following information:
1) Why did you select the financial issue in the sport organization (or business) and what is the main issue of the organization (or business)? (5 points)
2) Why is the topic you selected important in financial aspects of sport? (5 points)
3) How will you find the financial data (e.g., annual report, income statement, balance sheet,
cash flow statement) of the sport organization? How will you analyze the financial data of the
sport organization? (e.g., SWOT analysis, cost-benefit analysis, financial statement analysis, or
other statistical analysis)? (5 points)
4) What are the expected results of your financial analysis of the sport organization? (5 points)
5) What are potential impacts of financial challenges on sport fans, sport organizations, and/or
local communities? (5 points)
6) What are potential solutions to overcome those financial challenges of the sport organization? (5 points)
The post Why did you select the financial issue in the sport organization (or business) and what is the main issue of the organization (or business)? Explain appeared first on Essay Quoll.