Complete a case essay on any United States Supreme Court case that involves an interpretation of the Constitution – this encompasses most of the cases that come before the Supreme Court. However, please choose a case that was heard by the Supreme Court from 2009 to the present. Again, please do not choose a case that is older than 2009. This will help ensure that you are writing your essay on current, relevant case law.
– Your essay should be around 2 pages and contain the following information:
– Who is involved in the case?
– How has the case moved through the legal system (who filed it, in what court? What appellate court heard it? How did it get to the Supreme Court?)?
– What was the issue in the case?
– What did the Court decide? (note that the US Supreme Court is called “Court”, not “court” and not “SCOTUS”)
– What was the Court’s analysis (WHY did they decide as they did)?
– Did any Justices dissent, and if so, what did they have to say?
– What is the impact of this case?
If you can’t find a good case, you can always message me for ideas. If you search on Nexis Uni or OYEZ you should be able to find something.
Please remember that if you cut and paste something from the internet into your assignment, that is plagiarism and you will receive a 0 for the assignment and be reported to the school. Please note that any site ending with “pedia”is not a reliable site and will not be accepted as a resource. The rubric for this assignment is attached.
Please note: Papers will be automatically added to and checked against the standard Turnitin repositories. Originality reports will be returned to the faculty and student in roughly 15 minutes of the submission. Multiple submissions are allowed.
Please make sure you are not copying and pasting from your source. Most of the material should be paraphrased in your own words; verbatim quotations should make up no more than 10% of the essay. Since the purpose to is highlight and summarize key information, merely copying and pasting from the case does not accomplish this goal. Please use your own words and use quotations sparingly.
- Compare and contrast the situation in America with a country that did extremely well in its response.
- Discuss the systemic factors Elizabeth White discusses that have caused a huge and significant retirement savings income gap.
- What have you discovered about your own personal ethics and/or professional ethics (Ex: mental health counselor) as a result of watching the videos?
- Identify 2 children who will be the focus children of this learning segment.
- Write your essay from a multifaceted approach, citing specific information from the textbook, supplemental materials and additional scholarly resources.
- What was the Court’s analysis (WHY did they decide as they did)?
- Discuss with your classmates the various tools that can be used to manage Azure budgets and billing accounts.
- Explain how damage to the Hypothetical Threat could impact the Dependencies/Interdependencies between critical infrastructure sectors Existing Resiliency related to Continuity of Operations Consider how to Minimize Disruption that improves First Responder Safety.
- What personality and attitude are attached to the product?
- What operational strategies did Nissan use for managing the supply chain disruption(s)?