For this discussion, watch the four parts of the film Luther below. This movie details the life of the reformer Luther. After watching the movie, answer the questions below.
Luther Movie Part 1 (Links to an external site.)
Luther Movie Part 2 (Links to an external site.)
Luther Movie Part 3 (Links to an external site.)
Luther Movie Part 4 (Links to an external site.)
1. What was the purpose of selling indulgences?
2. Which groups were impacted the most by the selling of indulgences?
3. What were the practices of the church that were considered corrupt?
4. How did the invention/use of the printing press impact the Protestant Reformation?
5. What were the political and social ramifications of the Reformation?
6. What was Luther’s theology? How did explain the relationship between humans and God in a way that was different than Catholicism?