You are a risk-management consultant. You have been brought in to construct a board-level risk register to enable the board of West Town NHS Trust Hospital to understand the risk profile of the surgical department and to guide risk control and strategic planning priorities.
1. Produce a risk register for the board which demonstrates a systematic approach to identifying, quantifying and responding to board-level risks.
Your answer should:
– Identify and clearly describe board-level risks and potential impact
– State your rationale for escalating these risks for the board’s attention
-Eexplain the method or tools you used to quantify risk
– Include a plan for risk mitigation and monitoring
– Set out clear lines of accountability for risk
– Take into account how the risk register will be updated and improved.
2. What operational and qualitative factors do the board need to consider that might impact risk identification and the implementation and monitoring of the risk register?