Instructions PAPER 1
Using the NCU library, do some research in your area of specialization. You may want to use ‘technology’ as one of your keywords. Find 10 articles that involve some form of empirical research from the past 5 years. This could involve quantitative or qualitative methods. If your specialization is in computer science, research methods could include algorithms, simulations, etc. The key is that there is some sort of problem, some sort of testing or data collected, and results that are analyzed and presented.
Hint: To help you with this assignment, collect articles of a similar subject matter.
Write an annotated bibliography using the process as described below.
- An annotated bibliography is not merely a summary of the article.
- Start with an appropriate APA-formatted reference at the top of the page.
- Your annotation should include these items:
- Summarize: Some annotations merely summarize the source. That is not correct for this assignment. What are the main arguments? What is the point of this book or article? What topics are covered? If someone asked what this article/book is about, what would you say? What type of research was conducted? What were the results? The length of your annotations will determine how detailed your summary is.
- Assess: After summarizing a source, you should evaluate it. Is it a useful source? Is the information reliable? Is this source biased or objective? Were there any limitations? What is the goal of this source?
- Reflect: Once you’ve summarized and assessed a source, you need to ask how it fits into your research. Was this source helpful to you? How does it help you shape your argument? How can you use this source in your research project? Has it changed how you think about your topic?
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Using your annotated bibliography, do an analysis of findings across all of the articles. Summarize how the articles are in conversation with each other. How are they similar? How do they differ?
Be sure to address the following:
- How do the articles collectively advocate for proactive research, evaluation, and implementation of new technologies and ideas?
- What can we draw upon in these articles that addresses the beneficial and detrimental effects on society?
- How do the articles approach technology from a global perspective?
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.