This week you will continue your work on the project to evaluate higher education student aid data. You will test your recommended U.S. Student Aid database schema, build the database, and develop the business intelligence queries that will enable you to answer the following questions:
- Which schools generate the highest amount of debt for the average student who attends?
- What is the employment rate for the students who graduate from this school?
Revise the schema you submitted in Week 1 per your instructor’s feedback.
Test your schema by completing the following tasks:
- Define the database tables you will need and group the tables by function. Document your tables in an annotated Microsoft Visio diagram.
- Develop the SQL queries needed and populate the tables from the data downloaded for your Week 1 assignment. Your assignment should:
- Define an appropriate strategy to optimize and incorporate best practices in to the SQL that you created.
- Document your SQL and metadata in Microsoft Visio or Microsoft Excel.
- Capture screenshots of each query result.
Note: If you need to download a database to form and execute SQL, access the Student Success Guide for instructions on how to download SQL. You may also “mock” up the SQL statement and query results if you do not want to download a database.
Create a 4- to 5- slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation or a 1-page Microsoft Word document in which you:
- Describe your SQL, populated tables, and the best practices you used to develop your SQL queries
- Include the SQL statements and corresponding screenshots of each query result
Note: It is recommended that you select the delivery method of a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation or a Microsoft Word document to use consistently throughout your weekly assignments.
Compress your revised diagram(s), testing results documentation, and .SQL files into a ZIP folder.
Submit your assignment.