The coordinated terrorist attacks on September 11 exposed several vulnerabilities in U.S. national security. The devastating loss of life and destruction of billions of dollars in critical infrastructure highlighted the need for homeland defense laws, regulations, and policies to meet advancing security threats.
Please discuss how public opinion of security changed post September 11. Indicate significant legislation and executive orders that were stood up to address vulnerabilities. Additionally, please pick one (1) critical infrastructure sector and explain its mission. Elaborate on the role the private sector plays in protecting your chosen critical infrastructure sector. Provide at least two (2) examples.
Keep in mind:
- 7-10 pages with 12 font, Arial or Calibri with 1” margins
- 10 citations from 5 scholarly sources. Appropriate format (EG: APA, MLA). Wikipedia, Answers.com, or similar sources are unacceptable.
- All submitted work must be original work. Papers will be submitted via Safe Assign.
- Include a title page with name, assignment, date, course, and instructor. Include a works cited. The cover page and reference pages do not count as part of the required pages.
- Proper spelling, grammar, syntax, and word choice is expected.