Task: Create an annotated bibliography of four sources that could be used for your research project, including at least two articles from scholarly journals.
Length: Four citations, each with an annotation of approximately 150 words
Sources: Four sources related to your research question, including at least two from scholarly journal articles. All four sources should be high-quality sources that you can use in your research project. Refer to Week 3: Selecting Sources Wisely.
Due date and grading: This assignment is due by the end of Week 4. This assignment will be graded with a rubric and will count for 20% of your course grade. To view the grading rubric, please access the assignment through the Assignments area of the classroom.
Outcomes you should achieve by completing this assignment
The annotated bibliography contributes to the research project by helping you collect and analyze your sources. The outcomes for this assignment are listed below, with the associated course outcomes in parentheses:
- Identify valid and reliable sources that can be used in the composition of a research essay (Course outcome 4)
- Explain the nature of selected sources and their relevance of sources to the research essay (Course outcome 4)
- Set up an annotated bibliography in APA format (Course outcome 4)
- Demonstrate accurate grammar and mechanics in writing (Course outcome 3)
This annotated bibliography is part of your research project, in which you will investigate a connection between your field of study and a problem or controversial issue in society. We have discussed topics and research questions in class. Indicate your research question at the top of your annotated bibliography, just below the title.
What to do
Following the explanation in the videos posted in class, create an annotated bibliography of four sources. For each source, include:
- Reference citation in APA format
- Annotation of 150 ±25 words, with
You may (but do not have to) use CiteFast to create your reference citations.
Formatting your assignment
Incorporate these elements of APA style:
- Use one-inch margins.
- Double space.
- Use an easy-to-read font between 10-point and 12-point.
Note: Title page is not required, but make sure you include your name and a title that reflects your topic at the top of the first page. Below the title, indicate your research question.