For this assignment, you will design your very own psychology experiment or study. You will be creating a research proposal, modeled after actual research proposals (like the one found here). although yours will not need to be as long. Your finished product should be between 4-6 pages in 12 font.
STEP 1: Pick a topic. Consider a topic within social psychology that interests you. Think of how you could design an experiment to test this theory. If you have a hard time thinking of an experiment, think of common proverbs or sayings and consider ways to test these proverbs. Possible proverbs to test include:
• Absence makes the hear t grow fonder
• Opposites attract
• Birds of a feather flock together
• Love is blind
• There’s no such thins as love at first sight
• A friend in need is a friend indeed
• Familiarity breeds contempt
• Spare the rod and spoil Use child
• You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours
• Too many cooks spoil the broth
• True love never grows old
• You can’t please everyone
• Good fences make good neighbors
• Honesty is the best policy
• Actions speak louder than words
PART 1: Introduction/Abstract. Write a paragraph or two as an overview about your research proposal. Include the theory you are testing as well as your hypothesis.
PART 2: Literature Review/Background. Provide context for why you chose this topic and how your study will build off of other research. Find an academic study that has already been done related to your topic. Write a summary of what you learn from the article. You need to do this with at least TWO peer-reviewed journal articles. Peer reviewed articles come from journals like those at the A PA website C. and not from simple Google searches or news websites. Most journals require a paid subscription but you can typically access them through your school library free of charge Proper APA citations should be included This should be roughly 1-2 pages in length.
PART 3: Method Consider all of the questions below as you write out tins main section of your research proposal. This should be roughly 1-2 pages in length.
• Who will pat participate In your study?
• What will you sampling process be’
• How will you control against bias?
• If an experiment, what arc the independent arxl dependent variables?
• What bra participant in the study going to do?
• How will you collect the data7
PART 4 Results/Conclusion/Discussion »< ■ summary paragraph about how you could and would utilize the results of your experiment.
• How will you analyze youi results?
• What kind of statistical analysis will you need to do7
• What results would either confirm or disprove your hypothesis?
• In what way will the results of this study be beneficial?