SSD (Solid State Drives) and NAND flash are types of memory devices used across many computing devices, from laptops and tablets to smart-phones. The growth of consumer electronic devices in recent years has put significant supply pressure on the availability of such memory. Read the article below for a recent view on the supply of such devices and use it to complete the assigned paper.
Assigned Paper – Week 1
You are responsible for sourcing SSD and/or NAND memory for your company. After reading the article and any other supporting reference, write a 3 page document to your manager that covers the following:
(1) Summarize the expectations of availability of memory devices in the next year;
(2) Review the diagrams in this week’s reading depicting the Internal Supply Relationships and the External Supply Network. Select 2-3 items from each diagram and explain what additional information you’d like from them or what information you’d like to share with them due to the predicted supply/demand scenario in the year to come.
- Statement explaining the purpose of the document
- Summary of the expectations of the supply market of memory in the year to come.
- What additional information would you like to get from internal supply relationships or your external supply network? Why?
- What information do you believe needs to be shared with internal supply relationships or the external supply network? Why?
- Next steps in the form of an action plan.