Submitting your Assignment
Put your APA-formatted project in a Word document.
· What are the unique characteristics of the genus Homo ?
· What are the benefits and costs of being able to walk?
· What are the benefits of opposable thumbs?
· What are the benefits and costs of a larger brain?
· What are the benefits of complex speech?
· How has each of these unique characteristics contributed to the survival of Homo sapiens ?
· What would be some disadvantages to our species if we had not developed these characteristics?
· What are some disadvantages to us for having these characteristics?
· Why do Homo sapiens have wisdom teeth?
· Why do Homo sapiens get goosebumps?
· Why do Homo sapiens have large whites of the eyes? What is the advantage?
Unit 3 Discussion Option 2
Prepare an essay addressing the different questions listed above (in the synchronous Seminar section). The essay must be at least 400 words and written in your own words with citations, if appropriate.
Read the below articles:
· Based on your research, how do these diets typically work? Would you be willing to try one? Why or why not?
· The possible benefits of a radically restricted diet as described in the article.
· Any possible problems with the research.
· The drawbacks to maintaining such a restricted dietary intake.
· If you were to try this diet, what foods might you eliminate and why?
· The role mitochondria play in the cell, and what its role has to do with food.
· The role that other cellular organelles may play in influencing lifespan