Select the documents below to view these items:
- Examples (models) of thoughtful and “substantive” posts written by former students. Although your responses to discussion board questions do not need to be this long to receive full credit, they should be specific and well-argued.
- The rubric used to grade your discussion board assignments. Contact me if you have questions about the grading criteria listed in the rubric.
- DCCCD Discussion Board Model Post 1.pdf
- Discussion Board Model Post 2.pdf
- Discussion Rubric.docx
- Your original post must be in the form of a well-written concise essay that addresses all the parts of the prompt.
- You must post your original post 48 hours prior to the deadline.
- Remember, to receive full credit, you must also respond to at least one classmate’s post.
- Review the Discussion Board Examples and Discussion Board Rubric for guidelines on answering questions and responding to classmates’ posts.
- Remember: Always identify your sources. An in-text citation requires a parenthetical citation, for example: (Smith). Then, provide a formal citation at the end of your posting.
- Do not copy from your peers’ postings
- Do not attach your post in a file format
- Do not forget to post your word count!
- Discussion forum will be available for one week prior to the due date.
Please note: plagiarized materials will result in an automatic grade of zero!
Tutorial on properly citing sources: http://library.uta.edu/plagiarism/index.html
Do you agree that Texas embodies the individualistic and traditionalistic, but not the moralistic, political cultures? How useful are these distinctions in describing Texas history and its current political environment? Give at least three specific examples (past and current) to support your arguments.
Do not forget to post a reply to a classmate and include your word count.