Assessment item 5
Assignment 4: Job selection criteria
Due date: 17-May-2018
Return date: 08-Jun-2018
Length: 1500 words
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
The purpose of this task is to develop skills in addressing key job selection criteria.
Select any eight (8) of the twenty (20) key job selection criteria in the list below and addresses each selected criteria using the STAR method.
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply academic knowledge and concepts to practical situations.
- Advanced skills in word-processing and presentation software applications, for the preparation of high quality documents.
- Sound communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills, including well-developed written and oral skills.
- Proven experience using information and technology.
- Able to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships.
- Ability to contribute ideas and demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills.
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to file, retrieve, shelve, and physically organise materials in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrated client service focus and experience in a client service environment.
- Good general knowledge with an interest in reading and current affairs.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a timely service to customers.
- High level organisational and coordination skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as a member of a team.
- High-level conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sound organisational skills and ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work within established procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and to work under minimal supervision.
This assignment gives the opportunity to develop responses to key job selection criteria questions.
Furthermore, this task is designed to help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- be able to learn and assess through reflection
- be able to prepare an effective job application
- be able to explore and enhance personal brand development through academic application and self-development
|MARKING CRITERIA||High Distinction
75 – 84.5
65 – 74.5
50 – 64.5
0 – 49.5
|Addressing selection criteria effectively giving the reader an idea of your past and present performance by identifying and illustrating knowledge, skills, and experience required for job selection criterions.
|Statement tailored to specific job selection criteria;
Clearly and concisely provides evidences that the applicant meets the criteria through explicitly demonstrating past and present performance;
In-depth identification and illustration of knowledge, skills, and experience required for all job selection criterions.
Eight-job selection criterions addressed.
|Statement tailored to specific job selection criteria, which clearly and concisely provides evidences that the applicant meets the criteria through explicitly demonstrating past and present performance.
Clearly identifies and illustrates knowledge, skills, and experience required for the majority of job selection criterions.
Seven-job selection criterions addressed
|Statement tailored to the specific job selection criteria;
Provides evidences that the applicant meets the criteria with limited demonstration of past and present performance.
Attempts to identify and illustrate knowledge, skills, and experience required for the majority of job selection criterions.
Six-job selection criterions addressed.
|Statement tailored to the specific job to some degree;
Minimal provision of evidences that the applicant meets the criteria but does not demonstrate past and present performance.
Does not attempt to identify and illustrate knowledge, skills, and experience required for the job selection criterions.
Five-job selection criterions addressed.
|Statement was not tailored to the specific job.
No evidence of ability to reflect upon job requirements and own skills past and present performance
Does not identify and / or describe knowledge, skills, and experience required for the job selection criterions.
Four or less job selection criterions addressed.
|Demonstrate your understanding of the STAR method.||All elements of the STAR method were illustrated in a clear and concise manner.||Three elements of the STAR method were illustrated in an appropriate manner.||Two elements of the STAR method were illustrated in a suitable manner.||One elements of the STAR method were illustrated in a sufficient manner.||No elements of the STAR method were illustrated.|
|Mark / 100|
|Worth 10% of your final grade
Professional presentation is required with each selected job criteria as the heading.