CASE STUDY REVIEW (TEMPLATE)
Select an advertising campaign and review it based upon the headings below (applying learning from the given files).
Exclude any ads that was discussed in the Modules or in the files provided
As the campaign has been executed, the information should be available in the literature. Use a variety of sources and apply the APA referencing.
Apply theories, concepts or models from Percy and Rosenbaum-Elliot chapter readings in given files or from the book.
The sections are abridged versions of the Online Topics, so adhere to the format in terms of structure, content and application of academic/industry sources.
Word count: 2200 words (excluding references).
- Who is the client/brand? (from the literature)
- What are the problems or opportunities faced with their brand/product/service? (source from the literature)
- What were the creative executions and media employed (source from the literature & refer toCreative Brief Article PDF)
- Review the common themes/threads from various sources of the merits/advantages of the campaign (apply Chap 1(Percy- Rosenbaum-Elliot PDF Files)
- Target audience and target market (Slides -Model 4 Target Audience)
- Who were targeted? (source from the literature).
- Apply any theory, concept or model from chapter 6 (Percy & Rosenbaum-Elliot PDF File Provided).
- Areas to consider – demographics, psychographics, attitudinal, personality, knowledge, loyalty, category usage behaviour, beliefs about the brand, brand buying intentions, VALS framework, etc.
- There is no need to address all the above – so be creatively selective.
- What was the campaign’s positioning? (source from the literature).
- Apply relevant theories, concepts from chapter 8 OF THE BOOK GIVEN BELOW .
- What is the competitors’ positioning?
4.Communication Strategy (Refer to Developing communication strategy word file & Slide 6-Setting a media Strategy)
- What were the communication objectives? (source from the literature).
- Apply relevant theories, concepts from chapter 9 OF THE BOOK.
- Use the 4 communication effects of category need, purchase intention, brand awareness and brand attitude.
- Consider applying Rossiter-Percy Grid in relation to brand attitude strategy fromDeveloping communication strategy word file .
REFER THIS BOOK’S CHAPTERS:
Percy, L., Elliott, R. H., & Rosenbaum-Elliott, R. (2016). Strategic advertising management. Oxford University Press.