TERM PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Term Project is intended to provide you the opportunity to create new knowledge based on the knowledge you are learning in this course. Applying knowledge from the course in solving a real world problem or situation; so you should give some thought as to which type you are going to accomplish.
And, the primary focus of the Term Project is on the first phase of problem solving, Problem Definition.
Consider the following phases of solving a real world problem:
- Identify the problem
- Define the problem
- Develop possible solutions
- Evaluate the possible solutions and choose
- Plan and implement the solution
- Monitor situation and follow-up with corrective actions
Steps 1 and 2 are considered to be Problem Definition.
The Term Project will focus on the Problem Definition in either type of project and will
· consist of a research paper using solid research and analysis techniques
· use at least three academic references are required for a real world project and five or more for a theoretical project
o Academic references are journal articles from academic journals or books written by academic authors
o Other references can be used as well, including magazine articles, websites, newspaper articles, etc.
· be formatted according to APA guidelines
· have a topic that is within the field of Engineering Management
o This can be an applied problem
§ From work
§ From personal life
o Theoretical problem
§ Based on information from the literature
The primary emphasis of the paper is to define the problem and then discuss how it might be solved
· It is not necessary to solve the problem, just discuss how
A Real or Theorical World problem:
Before you can solve the problem, you must first define it. This consists of steps 1 and 2 from above. These will include:
· The problem definition needs to
o Provide background of the situation
§ What has been happening
§ What are some symptoms or how has this problem come to your attention
o Provide a statement of the problem gap
§ Current situation or status
§ Desired situation, or goal state
o Provide evidence and data about the current situation
o Be clear about how the achievement of the goal will be determined
· The paper should also discuss steps 3 – 6, based on knowledge from Engineering Management:
o You should recommend how you will generate solutions and evaluate them
o How you will plan and implement the solution
o How you will follow-up and make corrective action
o You do not need to do steps 3 – 6, just make recommendations for how they will be done.
We need to : “Determine Location and Built of a 2nd Tire Manufacturing Plant”
The original plant are located in USA, this second could be located inside too but other locations or offshore.
We need justified all desicion and take special at locations and Invesment (Cost of Invesment, return of Invesment, etc.) “The Finantial Analysis”; and folow the guidelines show at the attach file.