Assignment 2 – Group International Expansion Report and Presentation
You have been asked by the CEO of a major Australian Bank to advise them on their strategy formulation for International expansion.
The Bank has developed a reputable brand in the Australian and New Zealand markets and is now looking for suitable acquisitions and strategic partnerships in foreign markets in order to grow their business.
The markets that they are currently assessing for entry are France, Brazil and Korea.
You are required to assess the attractiveness of each market and put forward recommendations for future action.
This assignment should be completed in groups of 3-4 students. Each group must submit a written list of group members and contact details, as well as get approval from their lecturer on the company or organisation they have selected by week 6. Note that you may not get the assignment submission links unless you are registered in a group on Blackboard.
A 5-10 minutes presentation will be delivered in class from week 10 by each group. All students are expected to be present. A limit of 3000 words overall (plus or minus 10%) is to be strictly observed. Your report must include formal title page and Holmes assignment coversheet.
Ideally the report will be presented in Arial 12pt font with 1.5 lines spacing.
When complete students must submit ONLY an electronic copy to Blackboard via Safe Assign (Self Check) and final submission links by the due date.
The percentage matching on Safe Assign is expected to be less than 20%.
Students must also show adequate evidence of additional research with about 10 – 15 academic reference sources provided.
- Report structure, written presentation and excellence (3 marks)
- Application of Knowledge and course concepts (3 marks)
- Analytic and research skills shown (8 marks).
Made up of:
- Understanding the differences in the structure of each market
- Estimation of potential size and profitability of each market
- Analysis of potential problems in selling to and supporting each market
- Analysis of future developments
- Consideration of foreign exchange and trade implications
- Consideration of cultural aspects impacting entry
- Conclusion, recommendation and strength of overall arguments (3 marks)
- Quality of research and referencing (3 marks)
TOTAL REPORT WEIGHTING: 20%
A 5-10 minutes persuasive oral presentation will be delivered in class from week 10 by each group. All students are expected to be present. In each case the oral presentation of your topic to the class will be worth 10%. Make sure that the presentation is interesting and holds the attention of the class. DO NOT merely repeat what is in the report– you need to add value to your presentation. Focus mainly on key findings using necessary visual aids.