1. Consider your close circle of friends; you are known as a professional with the background
in architectural engineering and construction, currently upgrading your qualifications by
completing MCM at Deakin University.
2. One of your friends (Giulietta) approached you proposing management of a project
involving construction of her house. Giulietta wants the project to be known as “The house
at my place – THAMP”.
3. She proposes that you will be contracted as the Project Manager under the AS4915-2002
Project Management – General Conditions contract.
4. The ultimate product of the THAMP project is a two-storey building. The basic design
documentation was given to you for your consideration and Giulietta assumes you evaluate
the design from ‘value engineering/management’ viewpoint. Please see the 2020-T1 case
project folder in the CloudDeakin site of SRM752 unit.
5. All preliminary works (site surveying, etc) and permits (planning, building, no-go zone, etc)
necessary to start and continue constructions are finalised/granted.
6. Location of the building is still to be decided by Giulietta and her decision to choose her
preferred location is based on your advice. However, the location must be either in the
Greater Melbourne ()or Greater Geelong  boundaries.
7. Giulietta confirmed that she has financial resources to complete the THAMP project
8. As you currently have some spare capacity in terms of your professional engagements,
you have gladly accepted the offer and signed out the AS4915-2002 contract for the value
of $5,000 ($3,425 + $1,575) with your client (Giulietta), at this stage just for the preparation
of project management plan (PMP).
9. Based on the merit of your plan Giulietta is willing to engage you as the Project Manager
with professional fees of 14% of the total cost of the THAMP project for management of the
10. Giulietta has given you three months to prepare the THAMP project management plan for
the construction and management of the project resources.
11. You have no access to any resources from the so called “parent organisation”. So, in order
to complete the THAMP project, you will need to perform either, by yourself any necessary
managerial and/or construction tasks, or commission service(s) from others
The post Project Management – General Conditions contract. appeared first on My Assignment Online.