Prepare and deliver to the class a 10-minute oral presentation on your chosen topic. Think of this presentation as an oral version of your final paper. Your job is to convey your mastery of knowledge of the issue and convince your audience using facts and logic that your position is valid.
- Motivate and set context (1 min)
- Give background information on your topic, using charts and tables when appropriate (1-2 min)
- Argue your position, support your key claims using charts and tables when appropriate; anticipate and rebut the key point(s) on the other side of your position (4-5 min)
- Reiterate and effectively summarize your argument to conclude (1 min)
- Invite and address questions (2 min)