Patient info: This is a 46-year-old male presenting with bilateral lower extremity pain, erythema, mild edema, and wounds. Patient has a medical history of atrial fibrillation. Is allergic to penicillin and is currently taking warfarin 2.5 mg oral once a day. Patient states the symptoms started about a week ago and progressively worsened. Started with redness and progressively painful. Patient admitted to getting some abrasions while working in his yard and clearing out debris. Patient has a wound culture positive for MRSA and elevated white blood cells indicating an infection. Patient was out in vancomycin and wound dressing changes every 12 hours were ordered. More patient information in document provided.
Essay instructions and questions are:
Introduce your topic (my topic is loss grief and dying) and discuss how it is relevant in nursing.
Include age, ethnic background (if relevant to the topic), gender, acuity level within hospital (step down, floor, ICU), or if in a nursing home (assisted living facility, rehabilitation, or skilled nursing), relevant medical history, diagnosis, reasons for admission, length of stay, etc. Please be mindful of HIPPA.
• What kind of care is the patient receiving?
• How is the nursing staff currently addressing the patient’s health concerns?
• Why are the current nursing interventions important for the patient’s overall health?
• How do these interventions contribute to improving the patient’s health?
• Discuss the current standards of care in nursing related to the topic (ie., Assessment/ Scales, Goals, Interventions, Methods of Evaluation).
• Discuss outcomes both positive and negative (if goals not met) for the patient. Be sure to use examples from the literature, case studies, or direct patient care to support your statements.
Summarize most important points from paper. Draw any final conclusions about topic