Week 4: Professional Paper Worksheet Assignment
Professional Paper Worksheet Guidelines and Grading Rubrics
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to demonstrate good organization, appropriate resources, and correct APA formatting for preparing a professional paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO3. Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge using success resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO3)
CO9. Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional development by assessing information and technology competence, implementing plans for upgrading technology skills, and using effective strategies for online student success using resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO5)
This assignment is worth a total of 150 points.
PREPARING THEProfessional Paper Worksheet
- Carefully read these instructions and the Rubric.
- Download the .courselearn.net/lms/content/1530/52631/NR351/NR351_W4_Professional_Paper_Worksheet_Template_JULY_18-Final.docx”>Professional Paper Worksheet Template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..instructure.com/courses/28381/assignments/894733?module_item_id=3414945#_msocom_1″>.instructure.com/courses/28381/assignments/894733?module_item_id=3414945#_msocom_2″>
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at .chamberlain.edu”>http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Rename that document as Your Last Name Professional Paper Worksheet.docx, for example Smith Professional Paper Worksheet. You must save as a .docx file. Save it to your own computer or drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later.
- Type your assignment directly on the saved template. Remember that only Microsoft Word 2010 or a later version is acceptable. Save frequently to prevent loss of your work.
- The topic of your paper is Communication. This will also be the title of your paper.
- Your Hood textbook will be one of the two resources for your paper. Locate pages in your Hood textbook that correspond to the paper topic listed above. HINT: Begin with the readings in Hood for the paper topic.
- The other resource for your paper is the following assigned article: [.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=mdc&AN=26390744&site=eds-live&scope=site”>https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=mdc&AN=26390744&site=eds-live&scope=site (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.]
- Hood and the assigned article are the only sources to be used to write this paper.
- Follow the instructions and specifics on the Template and the rubric. You will demonstrate your APA abilities in references, citations, quotations, and paraphrasing.
- Prepare a detailed outline for your Professional Paper as indicated on the Template (specific descriptions only; complete sentences not needed). The outline (and later the Professional Paper) should not be a summary of the article. NOTE: The Professional Paper will contain 500–600 words of content (introduction, body, and conclusion).
- Double check your answers with the rubric prior to submission.