Explore the basics of mixed methods research designs, calling upon your growing
understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research.
Write a 2 page paper
1. “To what extent is mixed methods research simply taking a quantitative design and a qualitative design and
putting them together?”
2. Explain the types of research questions best served by mixed methods research.
3. Explain one strength and one limitation of mixed methods research.
4. Provide a rationale for or against the utility of mixed methods research in your discipline.
Be sure to support your Paper with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence
in APA Style.
Johnson, R. B., & Onwuegbuzie, A. J. (2004). Mixed methods research: A research paradigm whose time has
come. Educational Researcher, 33(7), 14–26.
Collins, K. M., & O’Cathain, A. (2009). Introduction: Ten points about mixed methods research to be considered
by the novice researcher. International Journal of Multiple Research Approaches, 3(1), 2–7.
Burkholder, G. J., Cox, K. A., Crawford, L. M., & Hitchcock, J. H. (Eds.). (2020). Research designs and
methods: An applied guide for the scholar-practitioner. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
• Chapter 8, “Mixed Methods Designs and Approaches”
The post Mixed Methods Research Designs first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.