Introduction / Background and Rationale
Learning Outcome: Identify the distribution, predisposing factors and impact of a specific public health problem of Cyber Addiction in Adolescents in the United States (age range 10-19 years old)
The introduction section of your paper should be a summary of Cyber Addiction in Adolescents in the United States (age range 10-19 years old) interest including the magnitude of the problem, risk factors, populations affected and how addressing the issue would contribute to public health essential services (The course resources folder has a link to the essential public health services as listed on the APHA website). The title should be framed as a public health problem you plan to fix.
Before you can write a good introduction that will serve as the background for your capstone paper, you need to read widely to know what is already established in the literature. To be familiar with what is known about your topic, you should search public health databases where research articles can be easily accessed. Examples are PubMed, Academic Search Complete, and Google Scholar.
Read the abstracts of your articles, determine whether they are relevant and fit your inclusion criteria. If so, read the full articles. If not, note the reason for excluding. After reading the full articles, determine if you are likely to use them in your paper. If not, note the reason for excluding.
The math in your table or flowchart should add up as follows: Total abstracts reviewed- abstracts excluded = Full articles read – full articles excluded = full articles included.
This assignment has 5 steps:
Submit one document with steps 1 – 5 in order (sample attached for reference):
1. Determine the inclusion criteria for the papers that you want to use to write this section.
2. Create a flowchart of the search process (there is no minimum # of articles that should be used to write the introduction, but you must review at least 15 abstracts).
3. Write your reasons for excluding or selecting the articles in the respective tables.
4. Create an outline
5. Write the introduction/background section (Start with an outline of what you plan to cover in your paper).
Assignment Submission Requirements
· 3-5 pages, double-spaced, 12 pt. font
· Use relevant resources and cite correctly