‘In the context of Postmodernity, the focus of brand management has evolved from
managing the ‘Thing’ (a product/service) to managing the sociocultural ‘Link’ (with
a product/service). Critically assess the validity of this statement.
The essay will be marked out of 30 marks. The essay should be structured as follows:
[Note: please write the essay like a traditional English literature essay with no
subheadings—those hereunder are only for guidance]
• Introduction (setting up the argument) (8 marks)
[Hint: use the changing scope of defining a brand as a guide]
• General introduction to the topic [hint: the raise of Post-modern consumption]
• Narrow the topic down to the central point of the argument you are asked to
address [hint: the effect of postmodernity on changing the role of the
consumer in the definition(s) of a brand]
• Based on the above, outline in a statement (the thesis statement) your
argument/stance regarding the topic and how your essay will be structured to
develop/justify this argument/stance.
• Body (developing/justifying your argument (the bulk part) (16 marks):
• Discuss/explain the various aspects/points of your argument using theory and
examples. [In other words, make sure to fully incorporate the evolution in
modeling the process of branding and the supportive case/s discussed in lectures
in your discussion (justification) before adding any external sources/cases].
[Hint: using postmodernity traits, analyze why and how managing the
branding process has evolved (or not) from focusing on the ‘Thing’ to
focusing on the ‘Link’ with rich support from stories/cases along the way].
• Conclusion (confirming your argument) (3 marks):
• Sum up your argument (hint: sum up the outcome of the discussion).
• Based on the above summary, come up with your own opinion about the
statement cited in the Topic (i.e. confirm the position outlined in your thesis
The post ‘In the context of Postmodernity, the focus of brand management has evolved from managing the ‘Thing’ (a product/service) to managing the sociocultural ‘Link’ (with a product/service). Critically assess the validity of this statement. appeared first on Essay Lane.