1. Identify international and national concepts of mental health;
2. Outline biopsychosocial, spiritual and cultural factors that impact on the person’s experience of mental health issues; (GA1, 5)
3. Describe the role for the mental health nurse within the multidisciplinary team in the provision of collaborative care to people experiencing mental health issues, their family and carers (GA5, GA8)
4. Demonstrate a sound knowledge of quality use of medicines, non-pharmacological therapeutic interventions and complementary therapies in the mental health context; (GA1,
3, 4, 5, 8)
5. Apply the Recovery Framework and the Levett-Jones’ Clinical Reasoning Cycle in planning safe, evidence-based, culturally sensitive, person-centred mental health nursing for individuals, their family and carers; (GA1, 3, 5)
6. Apply legal and ethical principles in the planning of care for individuals experiencing mental health issues and their family and carers; (GA1, 3, 5, 6)
You are required to answer all ten (10) of the following questions. Please ensure that you adhere to academic conventions (such as APA references, paraphrasing, accurate grammar/spelling etc). Your response must not exceed 2,000 words in total. You must submit your paper through Turnitin. You must include the questions as they appear below, in your response. In order to pass this supplementary exam, you must achieve 50% or above.
1. Discuss one culturally sensitive intervention that could be provided/considered when caring for an Indigenous person experiencing a relapse of schizophrenia. Your answer must also provide a rationale/s for this intervention. (LO1, LO2, LO6).
2. Explain two (2) differences and two (2) similarities between schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. (LO1, LO4).
3. Australia’s legal system requires health care clinicians to operate within a ‘least restrictive’ framework. Discuss where this approach is evident in the legislation in your state. You will need to name the legislation you refer to in your answer. (LO1, LO3, LO6).
4. What education should the mental health nurse provide to a consumer who has been prescribed clozapine? Discuss the following concepts in relation to the consumer who is on clozapine:
a). Side effects
d). Consumer education (LO1, LO3, LO4, LO5, LO6).
5. Tess is a consumer who has experienced depression for many years. Recently Tess experienced the loss of her partner, and since then has significantly increased her alcohol intake. This is not an uncommon cooccurring factor for people experiencing depression.
a). What actions should the mental health nurse undertake if they are concerned about possible alcohol withdrawal for a consumer admitted to an inpatient mental health unit?
b). What signs should the mental health nurse be looking for in relation to alcohol withdrawal? (LO3, LO4).
6. Yueting is a 21-year-old consumer who is under the care of the community team for schizophrenia. Recently her parents called her case manager, worried as she has stopped taking her medication and her behaviour is becoming ‘strange’ again. When the case manager comes to visit Yueting, it is clear that she is psychotic and needs inpatient care. Describe the process for voluntary/non-compulsory and involuntary/compulsory admission to hospital in your state/territory. (LO3, LO6).
7. Discuss two non-pharmacological therapies used in the treatment of anxiety disorder. (LO4, LO5).
8. Perry is a consumer with major depressive disorder. What are the four (4) most important questions you want to ask in relation to assessing mood. Provide an explanation as to why you have chosen these four (4) questions. (LO2, LO5).
9. Raj is a consumer on the acute inpatient unit. Raj has refused to take any medication prescribed for his mania. His behaviour is disruptive, sexually provocative and he hasn’t slept in days. Outline five (5) nursing priorities you would implement when caring for Raj today. Your answer should also provide a justification as to why you chose these priorities. (LO2, LO4, LO5, LO6).
10. Critically analyse two (2) impacts of mental illness stigma for consumers and/or their families. (LO1, LO2, LO5).
[In Process] 66576 – Learning Outcomes:1. Identify international
Private and Confidential
Yours all information is private and confidential; it is not shared with any other party. So, no one will know that you have taken help for your Academic paper from us.
Ask Your Homework Today!
We have over 1000 academic writers ready and waiting to help you achieve academic success