Create Newsletter Parent Education home to school connections
Imagine that you have, been, asked by your school principal to write an article for each of your school’s newsletters: one for families and the other for staff. Include a reference page of at least 2 outside resources per article (minimum of 4 resources) Using APA style.
Write a -page article for each of the following scenarios:
- Scenario 1 Parent Newsletter: The first article is for the parent newsletter that is, sent to all families. Write a 1- page article on creating positive relationships between school staff and families.
In your article, include to the following:
- Why home and school relationships are important. Provide a rationale citing specific references to the Learning Resources and outside resources you researched.
- Strategies for creating positive relationships between home and school.
- Ideas for using technology to increase interactions between home and school.
- Scenario 2 Staff only Newsletter: The second article is for the staff-only newsletter that is, sent to all staff at the school. Write a 1-page article on creating positive school professional to student relationships. Keep in mind that all school professional to student relationships are important, including the secretary, the lunchroom aide, the custodian, etc.
In your article, include the following:
- Why school staff and student relationships are important. Provide a rationale citing specific references to the Learning Resources and outside resources you researched.
- Strategies for creating positive relationships between school staff and students
- Provide ideas for building relationships with students from diverse backgrounds.
Helpful Reference or Use other references.
Wilkins, J. (2014). Good teacher-student relationships: Perspectives of teachers in urban high schools. American Secondary Education, 43(1), 52–68.
Waddell, J. H. (2013). Working with families in urban teacher education: A critical need for all students. Teacher Educator, 48(4), 276–295.