Foundations for Maternal and Child Health
Last week you used the socio-ecological model to identify what may help and hinder your problem. This week you will use this information to choose evidence based practices/interventions that may address the MCH issue of Suicide rates in Young Girls. Use the template below to complete this assignment. Helpful Resources are listed on page 2.
*AMA format cite all sources
Part 1: Identify 3 specific evidence based practices/interventions to address the MCH issue of Suicide rates in Young Girls case study.
|Evidence Based Practice||Reference/Source||Describe how you will adapt the EBP to your issue and population. This will become your intervention and activities in your Logic Model.|
Part 2: What are the needed resources to achieve these interventions? (Note: this will become your inputs in the Logic Model.) Minimum 250 words, maximum 350 words
Part 3: What are your role’s responsibilities with the identification, adaptation, and implementation of the interventions listed above? Minimum 250 words, maximum 350 words
Part 3b: Answer the following in a few sentences
Is there an age when girls are most likely to commit suicide?
What about the use of anti-depressants?
Evidence Based Practices can be found at:
- NIH : https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/resources/subject-guides/evidence-based-public-health
- The Community Guide: https://www.thecommunityguide.org/
- The Cochrane Report: http://www.cochranelibrary.com/
- Health People 2020: https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/tools-resources/Evidence-Based-Resources
- University of Wisconsin County of Health Rankings: http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/take-action-to-improve-health
- Peer Reviewed Journals
Assistance for identifying and adapting EBP for communities and populations:
- Toolkit: http://www.astho.org/Evidence-Based-Public-Health/Toolkit/Issues-and-Concepts-Executive-Summary/
- Adapting EBP: https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/fysb/prep-making-adaptations-ts.pdf
- Considerations when adapting: https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/toolkits/rural-toolkit/2/adapting-interventions