For this essay, I want you to investigate a controversial issue that peaks YOUR interest (it does not have to relate to any of the feminist movements we have been studying). Choose your issue and pick a side. Form a thesis based on YOUR OWN opinion. Finally, in the conclusion, propose a way to “fix” your issue; that is, in your opinion what can/should be done?
Some issues you might want to consider:
1. Abortion laws
2. Global Warming
3. Free Tuition
4. Housing Prices
5. Legalization of Marijuana
6. Racial Profiling
7. Prison System
8. Gun Control
What you choose is totally up to you! It can be a large-scale issue (such as global warming) or something more small and localized (like the recall campaign against Judge Aaron Persky) as long as it is an issue that has at least two sides.
1. Your essay needs to be 3-4 FULL pages, 12pt font, double spaced
2. Include in text citations and a works cited page. Failure to include either will result in an automatic “0” on the assignment
3. For this essay, you need to include AT LEASE two outside sources
4. Make sure to include an arguable thesis, main points, and a conclusion