Assignment: Reflection Paper on “Crash”
- Length: 5-7 double spaced typed pages
- Grade: 25%
- Due: See Syllabus for due date
- Underline or highlight each concept in your paper so that I can identify it easily when grading.
- View Crash movie online: Crash Movie: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B50rKFFTrkW9ZjJEQV9KTG5jb00/view
- The film, “Crash” forces the viewers to confront hard, moral choices concerning the racial order in American society. The film focuses on the racially divided urban world and the levels and layers of violence, non-violence, misunderstandings, and love that structures this world.
- Purpose: Write a reflection paper on this film by applying and discussing the following concepts that have been presented in class and the textbooks.
- Developmental Skill: To be able to clearly understand the definition and nature of the concepts and to support with data (verbal and nonverbal behaviors) from the film to show how the concepts function in life situations. This process supports the process of analysis of a film and articulating your analysis on paper.
- Rule of Speaking
Write ONE paragraph for EACH concept (above) by discussing ALL 4 aspects (a-d) below:
- define EACH concept (found on power point or textbooks only)
- select a scene from the film in which the concept is demonstrated through character(s) who are communicating verbally and/or nonverbally that particular concept. BE descriptive of the nonverbal behavior and the verbal communication (try to give verbatim words, phrases, sentences, or dialogue) of the character(s) that demonstrates the particular concept. A movie scene can be used ONLY ONCE in your paper. Do not use a movie scene more than one time or multiple times in your paper. Each concept select only 1 scene.
- Your analysis requires you to discuss and explain how the character(s) verbal and nonverbal communications demonstrate the concept. Link or connect the verbal and nonverbal communication behavior back to the definition of the concept to clearly explain
- how the verbal and nonverbal behavior demonstrates and functions in life that represents the nature of the concept.
- Lastly, discuss and explain how the concepts below are barriers to intercultural communication in the film.
For each item below (#7 – #11) write a separate paragraph. (Total 5 paragraphs)
- Apply the components of the Adaptive Intercultural Model (AIM) to a scene or series of scenes of how specific character(s) verbally and nonverbally communicated and handled/managed intercultural difference or conflict in the film. After applying the components of the AIM model, was the character(s) functional or dysfunctional in their behavior? Do not simply regurgitate/repeat the AIM model, but to select the main concepts/components of the model and apply them to a scene(s).
- After viewing and analyzing the movie, Crash, explain how do you think this movie influences/shapes culture?
- What do you recall your parents, relatives, or siblings communicating about ethnic/cultural groups? Do you believe in their value and belief system regarding ethnic/cultural groups or do you differ in some respect?
- How has your cultural upbringing influence/shape how you communicate?
- What do you like/not like about this film? Does this film ring “true” to you?
NOTE: DO NOT PLAGIARIZE YOUR CRASH PAPER. DO YOUR OWN ORIGINAL WORK. PLAGIARIZED PAPER, THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES.
NOTE: COMM. major e-portfolio: This paper is designed to help you meet the following Departmental goals and objectives that will be assessed. Goal 2. Culture and Communication. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the interrelationship between communication and culture. Objective 1: Understand the connection between communication and culture.
Get professional assignment help cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
Why choose our academic writing service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH GRADE VALLEY TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT