Purpose: To provide the student an opportunity to explore a trend/issue that applies to the pediatric population and their family.
This will be done by utilizing research to support the student’s understanding of the topic and make recommendations for health education.
You will be assessed on how you apply an understanding of the following general learning outcomes:
Apply previous knowledge and nursing practice to the care of pediatric clients and their families
Apply the nursing metaparadigm, nursing theory, related knowledge, and principles and
concepts from nursing and other disciplines into the holistic care of pediatric clients and their families
Apply nursing process, effective problem-solving and critical thinking to make appropriate clinical judgments when caring for pediatric clients and their families
Integrate theories of growth and development to support the nursing knowledge required to meet the needs of pediatric clients and their families.
Describe the roles and responsibilities of the practical nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team in providing care to the pediatric client
1. Select one of the trend/issue statements listed below.
a. Option 1 – choose one of the trend/issue statements provided
b. Option 2 – choose your own alternate trend/issue and verify the topic with your
instructor for approval (both face-to-face and online students must seek approval)
Cannabidiol (CBD) should be considered a medical option in the pediatric population for Epilepsy
Effects of COVID-19 on the physical/ psychological health of children
Newborn’s umbilical cord blood should be donated for stem cell research
Animal-assisted therapy is beneficial to the care of childhood illness
Medical assistance in dying should be extended to the pediatric population for terminal illnesses
Societal views on the growth and development of LGBTQ school-aged and adolescent
population should be suppressed
HPV immunization should be mandatory for all school-age children before they reach puberty
Society is seeing an increase in pediatric mental health concerns
Children who identify as transgender should be put on puberty blockers
1. Provide a brief background of your chosen trend/issue
NFDN 2005, April 2020 2
2. Explain how the trend/issue impacts the health of the pediatric population utilizing previously learned knowledge of Growth & development and the metaparadigm of nursing. Provide literature support.
3. Provide information on both sides (minimum of 2 for and 2 against) the trend/issue according to the literature.
4. Based on this literature, identify or describe your personal stand/view on your trend/issue
(utilize literature support)
5. Provide a minimum of 2 recommendations for the health education needed for the pediatric population based on your personal stand/view.
6. Identify resources available to support your trend/issue, provide literature support. If no
resources are available, what is your recommendation for community resources?
a. What resources are available in your community to address this issue?
b. How this issue is currently addressed in your community?
c. Is this issue being dealt with effectively?
7. Your paper must include the following criteria:
a. 5- 6 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page
b. Introduction with topic sentence
c. Conclusion summarizing main points
d. References: outside literature (minimum of 3 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources) and
references to support your ideas
e. APA formatting including APA headings
The post Explain how the trend/issue impacts the health of the pediatric population utilizing previously learned knowledge of Growth & development and the metaparadigm of nursing. appeared first on Essay Quoll.