Instructions To any person considering the launch of an enterprise, the Shouldice Hospital story is a refreshing reminder of how startups in any field Ã¢â‚¬â€œ in this case, health care Ã¢â‚¬â€œ can succeed with the right ingredients and passion to excel.Ã‚Â This weekÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s readings include references to a successful startup that grew from the willingness of one individual (Dr. Edward Earle Shouldice) to respond to a recognized need.Ã‚Â Your challenge in this assignment is to develop a paper in which you apply the principles of capacity management and illustrate the impact of forecasting on the implementation of those principles, based on the following scenario:Ã‚Â Ã‚Â You and two of your closest colleagues are considering the launch of a start-up and you believe that the Shouldice success story is relevant to your new venture. Generate responses to several categories of probing questions as a basis for discussion.Ã‚Â Since your findings will be presented in a practical format to enlighten the thinking of your two potential future partners, you may forego the formality of a case analysis in favor of a document that provides clear, accurate, and actionable responses to the questions listed below.Ã‚Â In addition to this weekÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s readings, you may also use popular sources related to the Shouldice case to amplify the points you wish to emphasize in your discussion with your colleagues. If, during your writing, you discover additional areas of importance that are not triggered by these questions, feel free to include them in your paper. Identify three business components (within the broad categories of people, process/facility, or technology) that presented problems for Shouldice Hospital in the late 1940Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s.Ã‚Â Define steps that your startup team might take to avoid similar problems when your service or product is launched. Determine the value of an accurate forecast in terms of its influence on quality of service delivery and/or potential growth for your start-up.Ã‚Â In what ways would an accurate forecast of hernia repair demand influence business decisions at Shouldice? Examine the demographics of Shouldice patients, such as their overall health, type of surgery required, age, etc. What target-market demographics will enhance the success of your start-up? How do you know when to stop growing your start-up? How might Shouldice have determined a practical limit to economies of scale?Ã‚Â At what point should Shouldice have decided to stop growing?Ã‚Â What metrics should be monitored to determine that growth has plateaued? Support your assignment with at least three scholarly resources.Ã‚Â In addition to these specified resources, otherÃ‚Â appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included. Length: 5-7 pages, not including assignment coversheet, title page, and reference page(s).Ã‚Â Use topic section headings for each of the questions listed above. Your response should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic.Ã‚Â Your response should also reflect professional business writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy. Include a conclusion page. Here’s the references: Goodwin, P. (2016, Spring). Misbehaving agents. Link Topic Actions for ‘Goodwin, P. (2016, Spring). Misbehaving agents.’ Heroman, W. M., Davis, C. B., & Farmer, Jr., K. L. (2012, Jan-Feb). Demand forecasting and capacity management in primary care. Link Topic Actions for ‘Heroman, W. M., Davis, C. B., & Farmer, Jr., K. L. (2012, Jan-Feb). Demand forecasting and capacity management in primary care.’ Myers Jr., L. A. (2011). One hundred years later: What would Frederick W. Taylor say? Link Topic Actions for ‘Myers Jr., L. A. (2011). One hundred years later: What would Frederick W. Taylor say?’ Sadideen, H., & Sadideen, F. (2014, May). Proposing a carpal tunnel treatment centre: The Shouldice model revisited. Link Topic Actions for ‘Sadideen, H., & Sadideen, F. (2014, May). Proposing a carpal tunnel treatment centre: The Shouldice model revisited.’ Films for Humanities & Sciences. (2014). Managing Inventory: Accounting Fundamentals [Video File
HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT YOU NEED?
Let Professionals take care of your Academic PaperGet answer
- Q: Conduct a virtual field trip on which you will explore your choice of geologic feature in the California region. Examples may include: local caves, lakes, glacial deposits, rock formations, etc.
- Q: Project Description: A local music studio, Fiddlers, has a large number of clients who take lessons on a regular basis. Additionally, some students are members of Fiddlers’ competition band, which travels throughout the country and competes with some of the best musicians in the world. The owners need to be able to calculate the revenue generated through
- Q: From the first e-Activity, compare your state public health agency to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service (DHHS) in relation to each agency’s approach to
- Q: A large Norwegian company approaches you and asks you to set up a scalable virtual server environment. The environment should be able to accommodate for 100 000 peak
- Q: Group assignment on Business Combinations Case .1 You have been engaged to audit the financial statements of Solamente Corporation for thefiscal year ended May 31, 2010. You discover that on June 1, 2009, Mika Company hadbeen merged into Solamente in a business combination. You also find that both Solamenteand Mika