Watch the Four Corners episode ‘The Boys Club’ via the link below:
https://www.abc.net.au/4corners/boy-club/11994640 (Links to an external site.)
Read the following media articles that were written and published after the Four Corners episode aired:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-17/st-kevins-college-supported-sex-offender-over-student-victim/11957510 (Links to an external site.)
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-17/investigation-into-teacher-behaviour-at-st-kevins/11972138 (Links to an external site.)
Find more articles written about this incident from other publications, including the Herald Sun, The Age, The Guardian and The Australian newspapers.
Answer the following questions
- What ethical conduct requirements do teachers and schools have to follow?
- Do any of those conduct requirements conflict with one another? Why?
- What are the ethical dilemmas and issues raised in this case? Who’s ethical dilemmas/issues are they?
- When analysing the case study information what theory or theories could you use to examine the ethical dilemmas/ issues?
- What ethical theory or theories did each of the parties in this case appear to act in accordance with?
- Choose the theory that you agree with most. What are the strengths of this theory in analysing your case study?
- What are the weaknesses of this theory in analysing your case study?
- Does your ethical theory or approach align with one of the parties in this case study? Who and how? How does that make you feel?
The post ethical conduct requirements appeared first on My Assignment Online.