Op-Amp Circuit Collection
Answer the following questions:
1. For a simulated inductor application, to yield L = 50mH, R1 = 2kohm,
and C1 = 100uF, determine required value of R2.
2. For a constant current generator, with a saturation voltage = 15V and
a current reference of 18mA, calculate RLmin.
3. For a precision rectifier application, given EIRMS = 5V, determine EOpeak.
4. For an AC to DC converter, given EIPeak = 6V, determine EI. Op-Amp Circuit Collection The purpose of this lab is to allow students with the opportunity to pull from all of the
concepts presented in the course and be able to construct a circuit for a real time industry
application. This lab will showcase all that was learned in the previous labs and allow for
students to gain a greater appreciation of the important role that analog integrated circuits
play in modern electronics.
1. Design the equalization preamplifier in Figure D.12 by understanding the
circuit design requirements on page 269.
2. Perform AC Analysis to plot the response of the preamplifier. Take the
Screenshots of the response and show the approximation of RIAA
3. Answer the following questions:
a. Describe the operations of this preamplifier circuit and explain
how these preamplifier circuits work with single-supply circuits
in limiting low frequency resonating components from the
b. Discuss what parameters can independently adjusted to
enhance the quality of sound.
c. Discuss the advantages of using this equalization preamplifier
for sound reproduction. Assignment 3
1. Design a 16-Bit DAC Circuit
1. Calculate the values for all resistors
2. Include calculations and schematic 3. Capture a screenshot of several input/output settings from the 16-Bit
2. For a Wien-bridge oscillator
1. Given R = 50Kohm and C = 100nF what is the frequency of
2. Given a required frequency of oscillation of f = 10kHz and R = 8kohm,
what should the value of C be?
3. Calculate the signal to noise ratio given RMS Noise Voltage = 20mV and RMS
Signal Voltage = 2.5V
4. Calculate ETotalRMS given e21RMS = 5V and e22RMS = 7V
5. Calculate SNR(dB) given a noise specification of 680nV
6. Calculate the noise specification given SNR(dB) = 350dB
7. For a simulated inductor application, to yield L = 75mH, R1 = 3kohm, and C1
= 200uF, determine required value of R2.
8. For a constant current generator, with a saturation voltage = 20V and a
current reference of 30mA, calculate RLmin.
9. For a precision rectifier application, given EIRMS = 5V, determine EOpeak.
10. For an AC to DC converter, given EIPeak = 10V, determine EI.