Case Analysis: Systems Acquisition
Review each of the following video cases:
- Health IT Success Story: Portal Enhances Patient-Centered Preventative Care
- Health IT Success Story: Using IT to Fight Care Fragmentation
- Health IT Success: Quality Measures for Interoperable Electronic Health Records
Select one of these cases and address the following questions in your paper:
- Analyze the part the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) plays in health care information systems acquisition.
- Address the major concerns, and provide alternatives to alleviate these concerns.
- Analyze whether or not value was added to health care information systems through acquisition.
- Analyze how the system might advance or devalue patient care delivery.
- Explain whether or not the current system can or should be maintained.
- Explain what the literature states about this type of implementation/acquisition.
- Explain who the gatekeeper(s) are in this type of acquisition.
- Describe how cost is impacted with this system.
- Describe the initial reaction to the system implementation/acquisition.
- Describe whether or not the quality implementation/acquisition impacts your chosen topic for your Final Proposal and Final Presentation. This response needs to be one paragraph in length.
The Case Analysis:
- Must be three to four pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), double-spaced and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.