Suppose you are employed by a company that has recently acquired another multinational company operating in three (3) different countries. One (1) of your managers has asked whether or not it would be feasible to replicate data between these different locations both cost effectively and efficiently.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Specify the top three (3) characteristics of Distributed File System (DFS) that make you believe it could be suitably used in this and other organizations where data replication is needed for collaboration and ease of access.
- Propose the DFS components that you would consider implementing and configuring based on the needs of the organization. Provide a rationale for your proposal.
- Examine remote differential compression for its ability to meet the requirement of the organization to have efficient data replication between the different office locations.
- Suggest two (2) means by which DFS can improve fault tolerance for critical data stores in organizations, providing a high-availability solution.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.