GCU HLT362 Week 4 Exercise 18 And 33
1. Mayland et al. (2014) do not provide the degrees of freedom ( df ) in their study. Use the degrees of freedom formulas provided at the beginning of this exercise to calculate the group df and the error df .
2. . What is the F value and p value for spiritual needâpatient? What do these results mean?
3. What is the post hoc result for facilities for the hospital with LCP vs. the hospital without LCP(see Table 2 )? Is this result statistically significant? In your opinion, is this an expected finding?
4. What are the assumptions for use of ANOVA?
5. What variable on Table 3 has the result F = 10.6, p < 0.0001? What does the result mean?
6. ANOVA was used for analysis byMayland et al. (2014). Would t-tests have also been appropriate? Provide a rationale for your answer.
7. What type of post hoc analysis was performed? Is the post hoc analysis performed more or less conservative than the ScheffÃ© test?
8. State the null hypothesis for care for the three study groups (see Table 2). Should the null hypothesis be accepted or rejected? Provide a rationale for your answer.
9. What are the post hoc results for care? Which results are statistically significant? What do the results mean?
10. In your opinion, do the study findings presented in Tables 2 and 3 have implications for end of life care? Provide a rationale for your answer.
1. Do the data meet criteria for homogeneity of variance? Provide a rationale for your answer.
2. If calculating by hand, draw the frequency distribution of the dependent variable, hours worked at a job. What is the shape of the distribution? If using SPSS, what is the result of the Shapiro-Wilk test of normality for the dependent variable?
3. What are the means for three groupsâ hours worked on a job?
4. What are the F value and the group and error df for this set of data?
5. Is the F significant at ? = 0.05? Specify how you arrived at your answer.
6. If using SPSS, what is the exact likelihood of obtaining an F value at least as extreme as or as close to the one that was actually observed, assuming that the null hypothesis is true?
7. Which group worked the most weekly job hours post-treatment? Provide a rationale for your answer.
8. Write your interpretation of the results as you would in an APA-formatted journal.
9. Is there a difference in your final interpretation when comparing the results of the LSD post hoc test versus Tukey HSD test? Provide a rationale for your answer.
10. If the researcher decided to combine the two Treatment as Usual groups to represent an overall âControlâ group, then there would be two groups to compare: Supported Employment versus Control. What would be the appropriate statistic to address the difference in hours worked between the two groups? Provide a rationale for your answer.