SEC 10-K Paper
You will be assigned a company that is publicly traded. You must research and secure the SEC 10-K Annual Report for the most recent year. This is often available at the company web site. Look for “Investor Information” or “Company Information”. Save the file to your computer for access. There is no need to print as the report is usually 100 pages or more.
1. Post the name of your company in the SEC 10-K company, its ticker symbol and the price per share of one stock on January 11, 2016 in the Week 1 Discussion.
2. Each student has been assigned a different company.
3. You will use this company for discussion in the discussions during the semester.
4. You will write a 2 – 3 page paper, single spaced, one inch margins, 12 pt font, with double space between paragraphs. Your paper should comment on the financial statements for your company as they relate to the information presented in chapters 13-18 of your textbook, including the notes to the financial statements. ** Use headings in your paper such as Investments (topics from our textbook; other examples would be Financial Ratios or Cash Flow). Please keep your paper to no more than 3 pages The report will be submitted after Chapter 18. Do not consider information from Ch 19 – 26 in your paper.
6. Please include a brief introduction of your company as well as a conclusion/summary at the end.
7. You will also be required to include the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement as an attachment to your report (you can cut and paste directly from the 10-K report).
8. APA style is required for citations and a reference list.
9. Ask questions if any of the requirements are unclear.
10. Additional guidance for your paper and resources:
11. Page count does not include title page, tables and exhibits, table of contents, and reference list
12. Please include a title page (include your name on the title page)
13. Include a reference list (business classes use APA format)
14. Include in text citations (business classes use APA format)
15. Your paper should use one-inch margins on the left, right, top, and bottom of each page, and font set at 12 point.
18. Our discussion postings during the semester should assist you in completing this paper
21. Links and explanations to assist you with this paper may appear in this resource
22. Additional information will be posted in the Week 1 Discussion area of Leo Classroom. Please make sure you review carefully and ask questions if you have any.
23. SEC 10-K Power Point Presentation
24. You will also be required to prepare a brief power point file of no more than 6 slides. Post the power point presentation in the discussion area for comments by other students.
25. After you read the comments you may wish to make changes to your power point file before submitting it in the assignment folder along.
26. Include a reference list in APA format.
27. Ask questions if any of the requirements are unclear.
28. You are required to post comments on the work of at least one other student who does not yet have comments so everyone has at least one set of comments. Do not wait until the last day to post your power point file so everyone has a chance to visit the files.