Ashford MGT 330 Week 4 Interactive Assignment Developing Your Own Career Goal
Developing Your Own Career Goal. 1st Post Due by Day 3. Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, read Chapters 5 and 6 and Gleeson’s article How Values-Based Leadership Transforms Organizational Cultures. After completing your career goal using the process below, you will attach it to your first post by Day 3.
My Goal Sheet
Many individuals may not know how to develop a career goal; follow the steps below to help you determine where to start. There are a few steps that can be helpful in determining your career goal, which include conducting a self-assessment, exploring industries and careers, and determining factors that are non-negotiable (e.g., geographic location, salary requirements, health care benefits, etc.). The final step of goal setting is writing the first draft of your goal.
Step 1: Self-Assessment
- What do you do well?
- What energizes you?
- If you knew you could not fail, what would you do?
- What high school subjects did you do well in?
- What issues do family and friends come to you for help?
- What do you receive praise for at work or home?
- What are some of your greatest accomplishments?
- What is something you do where you lose track of time when you are doing it?
Step 2: Career Exploration
Step 4: Pulling It All Together—Write the First Draft of Your Goal