Please access the assignment at https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/ss/ss6619a1.htm?s_cid=ss6619a1_w. Answer only questions being asked from 1 – 8
Please read the article carefully, including the tables and figures, which may require additional clicks to open. Answer the following questions and include your work for figuring solutions to answers.
- Define Mortality. Give the formula for how to figure a case-fatality rate. When is this information used?
- Where did the researchers gather their data? What populations of patients were used in this study?
- Using table 1, were the greater number of reported drug users male or female? Why do you think this might be?
- Using table 1, were the greater number of reported drug users located in metropolitan or non-metropolitan regions? Why do you think this might be?
- Using table 1, what was the overall change from 2003 to 2014?
- Look at fig. 2 and interpret the data. What does it show you, and why do you conclude this?
- In table 3, what was the change in % death comparing 1999 to 2015 in medical facilities in metropolitan areas? Using these same dates, compare the % death in medical facilities in non-metropolitan areas. What could account for this difference between the metro vs non-metro facilities?
- Using the stated statistic in the abstract for # of drug overdose deaths in 2015, see if you can find the population of the United States in 2015, to determine a percentage of deaths due to overdoses. Next see if you can determine or find the overall percentage of deaths due to overdose in the US in either 2016 and/or 2017?
It is recommended that you construct your response in a Word document, then copy and paste your answer.