You have been asked to organize a community health fair at a local public school. The health fair will provide information and education on the following topics related to health promotion:
Importance of healthy diet and exercise
Avoidance of tobacco, drugs, and alcohol
Responsible sexual behaviors (use of condoms, risk of sexually transmitted infections including HIV, and concerns related to unintended pregnancies)
Injury and violence prevention (motor vehicle crashes, firearms, poisonings, suffocation, falls, fires, and drowning)
The volunteers who will be manning the stations are from the health care community (i.e., doctors, nurses, dieticians, and social workers). You want to ensure that the team members take into consideration the familial health traditions, personal beliefs, and the values of the people who will be attending the health fair. In a three- to four-page paper (excluding title and reference pages), address the following points:
Identify potential areas where health care providers culture may influence the treatment approach/recommendations, which may be in conflict with the health belief of a community members culture and practices.
Describe the differences.
Describe the role, if any, social control will play in the development of the educational materials presented by differentiating health and wellness rituals among people of different cultures.
Recommend potential strategies that the health care team can use when faced with a cultural practice that conflicts with the medical model.
Recommend strategies to increase community participation and enhance the relationships/partnerships between the medical community and members of the culturally diverse community.
The Critical Thinking Paper
Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Describe and discuss evidence-based practices (EBP).
- Write an analysis essay that answers the following: Students will analyze a commanders (General George Washington) performance from a selected historical battle.
- Discuss why you believe more males are in prison than females?
- Does the blogger have a short bio of at least 4 sentences?
- What are three things about New York City and/or public service that you learned from The Measure of Manhattan?
- Write a sci-fi, or everyday life fiction that inspires people to do good in life.
- Describe the role, if any, social control will play in the development of the educational materials presented by differentiating health and wellness rituals among people of different cultures.
- Describe in detail the research and conclusions that have emerged in reference to this question: Does prior research indicate that race/ethnicity affects how people get treated by the police?
- Describe a dilemma that you faced (or are currently facing) in which you used the six stages of the problem-solving approach. In your description, describe what you did for each of the six stages.
- What is the thesis of the episode and what is one example used to highlight this argument?