Create a reflection paper that focuses on your own experiences with shame. Use the prompts
below to focus your discussion. You will not be able to include all of the material prompted
below. Choose the topics that feel most important to you, and use anecdotes if you feel it would
be particularly illustrative of your experience.
Shame and the Nine Domains
Which messages do/have you receive(d) about shame in relation to your
• Family of Origin
• How does your family cope with shame?
• Are there topics/events that no one is supposed to talk about?
• Have you ever felt ashamed of how young or old you are?
• Are there characteristics of your body you feel shame about?
• What does your culture imply that you should feel about your body? Is there
• Which aspects of your gender identity do you feel shame about?
• Sexual Orientation
• Is your sexual orientation something you feel comfortable discussing, or are you
• Do others shame you for your sexual orientation?
• Does the definition of shame above fit for you? Or is shame an adaptive part of your
• Does shame play a role in your religion/spirituality?
• Have you been made to feel oppressed (i.e., shamed) in relation to your race?
• Have you ever been made to feel unworthy because of the color of your skin?
• Socioeconomic Status
• Do you have shame about how little or how much money you have?
You may have a lot to write about these domains, so only choose what is most important to you.
The post Create a reflection paper that focuses on your own experiences with shame:Is your sexual orientation something you feel comfortable discussing, or are you ashamed?Discuss appeared first on Essay Quoll.