The SPIRE assignment is primarily designed to engage you in a critical study of an aspect of diversity covered in the taught course. It should take a philosophical approach and you will be expected to discuss and link theoretical and practical educational issues.
• Choose a child to study on your school experience who links with one of the aspects taught in the course and set up a reflective journal
• Conduct a child study through observation of the child, looking at their work, talking to the child, the teacher, the TA and possibly the parents.
• Undertake a literature review of your chosen area
• Present evidence from your child study and critically evaluate it in the light of the general research in the area
• Reflect on the implications for your future practice
• Here you need to engage in a critical discussion of theoretical viewpoints around your chosen area of diversity, reviewing the theories of major writers in the field.
• You need to critically analyse these theories from the point of view of other theorists in the field.
• You will also need to give your own critique of the literature you have read.
• Make sure you write this section in an interesting and discursive way, not just giving a list of theories, writings or research.
Written Assignment presentation:
• All assignments should be typed in Arial font, size 11, using 1 ½ spacing.
• Long quotations (over two lines) should be typed in single spacing and indented.
• Leave a space between paragraphs. Indentation of paragraphs is not required
• A margin (approx 4 cm) is required on the left-hand side of each page, with at least 2 cm on all other edges.
• Clearly and correctly compile and format the Reference List on a separate page.
• Quotations and bibliography should be properly referenced using the Harvard system.
The post Choose a child to study on your school experience who links with one of the aspects taught in the course and set up a reflective journal;Conduct a child study through observation of the child, looking at their work, talking to the child, the teacher, the TA and possibly the parents. appeared first on Essay Quoll.