After completing the module, you should be able to:
1. Exhibit an understanding of the key dynamic forces impacting business and society.
2. Critically evaluate the relationship between such forces in terms of effective strategic decision-making.
3. Prepare an evaluation of an organization’s responses to key dynamic forces in the contemporary business world.
4. Select and use decision-making tools to address contemporary drivers for change.
5. Analyse the relevant theoretical foundations to support the identification and application of effective corporate responses to contemporary management issues.
Argos takeover boosts Sainsbury’s trading
Half-year results at Sainsbury’s have been boosted by its takeover of catalog retailer Argos. Cost savings improved profits while adding Argos outlets to Sainsbury’s stores was driving an increase in trading intensity, the retailer said.
Sainsbury’s chief executive Mike Coupe said the grocery market remained “extremely competitive”. He further said, “It’s a pleasing set of results against a difficult market backdrop, largely driven by the acquisition synergies from the Argos business.”
Mr. Coupe said Brexit posed a challenge since 30% of the goods that Sainsbury’s sold came from the EU. He also admitted that the availability of stock had been “bumpy” in early summer, but had now returned to normal.
Considering this case study (see below links for full article and further reading), and address the following question:
With regard to the above case study, select any two drivers for change discussed in the module materials and critically evaluate how they are currently impacting upon strategic decision-making and other activities (commercial or operational) of Argos take over by Sainsbury’s. Your discussion should include:
With suitable sources of information, how Sainsbury’s has strategically responded to these drivers of change with consideration for the nature of the pressures for change
Sound recommend how the organization might enhance its responses highlighted above
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
The postappeared first on .