BSB51107 Assessment Task 1 & Task 2
Assessment Task 1-Develop HR delivery strategies
The assessment task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details.
In this assessment task, you will demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to determine strategies for the delivery of human resources services.
In response to a provided simulated business scenario, you will identify human resources needs through a review of business documentation and the external business environment and through role-played consultation with line and senior managers. You will then develop options for delivery of human resources (HR) services (later to be formalised in a service level agreement) and present these in a short report. You will then develop an action plan for the delivery of HR services that includes roles and responsibilities for implementing proposed service level agreements.
1. Review the scenario information provided in the appendices of this assessment task.
2. Review the simulated business information for JKL (provided by your assessor) and identify human resources requirements.
3. Review external business environment (political, economic, social, and technological circumstances, etc.) and identify possible impact on human resources requirements.
Note: You may gather such information from simulated role-plays or through reviewing the scenario and business information provided; you may also undertake additional research to supplement your report.
4. Arrange with your assessor to consult with two managers to determine HR requirements:
a. Service Manager
b. Sales Manager
Note: Roles to be performed by and/or observed by assessor.
Note:The HRrequirements you identify through consultation will later need to be formalised in service level agreement (SLA) to be completed and agreed in Assessment Task 2.
5. Prepare a 1â??2 page report on human resources needs that includes:
a. a discussion of human resources needs gathered from:
â?? analysis of business documentation
â?? consultation with internal stakeholders
â?? a review of the external business environment.
b. a discussion of at least two options to meet human resources needs and discuss the risks associated with each (relate risks to your review of external business environment), such as:
â?? labour market skills shortages
â?? slow economic growth
â?? business confidence
â?? uncertainty in environmental regulatory environment
c. recommendations to meet HR needs including recommendations for service level agreement/s
d. a discussion of HR strategies to deliver HR services in accordance with business needs, diversity, and anti-discrimination policy.
6. Prepare an action plan to communicate and implement recommendations over the next four weeks. (You may use the template provided in Appendix 3). Include:
b. roles and responsibilities (include roles for HR team, line managers, senior managers, external parties, etc. as required for implementation)
c. resources required; including financial resources and technology for communication to stakeholders (both internal and external)
d. strategies and tactics to ensure successful implementation, including monitoring activities and technology required to collect and manage data in accordance with policies and procedures
e. activities â?? you need to include the activities required to communicate and promote changes, to communicate SLAs (for implementation in Assessment Task 2), and to implement your recommendations to meet HR requirements.
Note: in Assessment Task 2, you will implement communication of the SLA to managers and seek final agreement.
7. Arrange with assessor to meet and role-play meeting with Operations Manager to approve action planning and make revisions as required.
Note: roles to be performed and/or observed by assessor.
You must provide
1. Participate in three role-plays with the:
Â· Service Manager
Â· Sales Manager
Â· Operations Manager
2. Submit a 1â??2 page report on HR requirements and recommendations
3. Submit action plan (revised as required by Operations Manager in role-play).
Your assessor will be looking for:
? analytical and problem?solving skills to review business and operational plans and to develop and evaluate human resources strategies to support the organisational plans
? communication and negotiation skills to consult with key stakeholders across the organisation and ensure their support for human resources strategies
? learning skills to see that performance is managed and skills are developed in a range of contexts
? technology skills to: