Begin your essay by choosing one issue from the list below, and then choose a total of 6 theories (from the subsequent 3 options) to analyze your issue.
Choose one issue from the categories below, about which you feel most passionate:
· Animal Rights and Environmental Ethics
· Business or Health Care Ethics
· Cloning, Stem Cell Research, Genetic Issues
· Civil Liberties
· Death Penalty
· Drug Policy
· End of (Human) Life Issues
· Global Justice and Injustice
· Racism, Discrimination, Hate Crimes, Oppression
· War and Terrorism
Analyze your chosen issue using 6 theories. Choose 2 from each of the 3 categories listed below.
Choose 2 from the primary list:
· Utilitarian ethics
· Kantian ethics
· Virtue ethics
Choose another 2 from the traditional theories list:
· Ethical Egoism
· Ethical Relativism
· Divine Command Theory
· Natural Law Theory
· Social Contract Theory
Choose an additional 2 theories from the contemporary or non-Western list:
· African ethics
· Eastern ethics
· Feminist ethics or Care-based ethics
· Postmodernism ethics
· Environmental Theories (Ecofeminist, Deep Ecology…)
Writing and Content Requirements:
· The introduction should explain the chosen issue in detail.
· The thesis, argument, or focus of the essay should be evident in the introduction.
· The body of the essay should:
o explain the approaches by various philosophers and/or ethical theories.
o analyze which approach(es) you find most compelling and explain why.
o incorporate high quality ideas and key concepts from the ethical theories.
o include some suggestions for the most practical solutions to your topic.
o assess the future of your chosen topic in terms of solutions.
· The entire essay should contain correct grammar, spelling, and syntax.
· Please use transitions between paragraphs.
· The essay should be documented by properly citing at least three or more credible sources.
Your essay should be 1,000–1,200 words (4–5 pages), double-spaced, in APA format, and with 3 or more credible sources.